ESOCS Association Officers Get Fixed Terms
Association Officers Get Fixed Terms
Officers of the various Associations in the Eternal Sacred Order of the Cherubim and Seraphim (ESOCS), are now to run a fixed term of three years, which is renewable for another one term depending on their performance in office.
Also, the tag “International” has been deleted from all the Associations, including Women Association, with the yearly conference now renamed the “Baba Aladura Women Conference”.
These were highlights of major decisions taken at this year’s Advisory Board Retreat presided over by the Baba Aladura and Prelate of the Eternal Sacred Order of the Cherubim and Seraphim Worldwide, Dr. David D.L. Bob-Manuel.
In an official statement issued at the end of the Retreat by the SAG and Secretary to the Order, Elder (Dr.) Napo Emuchay, other decisions as approved by the Prelate include the renaming of the Directorate of Education and Scholarship which will now be known as the Directorate of Education and Employment, and has been charged with the responsibility to facilitate securing employment for member of the Holy Order.
The Board also resolved that:
· Women Assistant Secretaries in provinces and branches could make announcements from the lectern in the absence of the Secretaries;
· The Cross with the crucifix is the authentic representation of Jesus Christ;
· The standard requirements for ESOCS posters are the Cross with the crucifx and the pictures of the Founder and the Baba Aladura;
· During outdoor services, the beret (round cap) should be used during the singing of the second stanza 2 of hymn 274, the veil must not be used;
· Attending service after the opening prayer is now considered as lateness and as such no elder is permitted to enter the altar; and
· Shaking of hands and exchange of pleasantries or greetings in the altar are now strictly prohibited.